Walk by Faith


Follow Me on Instagram
I just spoke with a close friend and said to her that, "peace comes at a cost". Such a profound statement birthed at a time where her peace was being challenged. Guess what? So does faith.

The question is whether or not you are willing to pay the cost. It won't always be anything those outside of you have to pay, but a cost that is all on you. Psalm 35:1 (NLT) says, "O Lord, oppose those who oppose me. Fight those who fight against me." One of my many favorite scriptures; but when it's my old self that is opposing the movement of my new self, will there still be a cost entailed? You bet your sweet Sunday school mints, there will be.

Let me explain why I created this design. I love the simplicity of the Swarovski crystals. The green hues were both emerald and chartreuse, coupled with cream colored seed beads and sterling silver tube beads; and finished with a heart with a lock charm on one end and stiletto with a Faith charm at the other. The gold pearl created charm was just a finishing touch. I designed this for a young lady who has just experienced the traumatic and liberating feelings that can come from going through a divorce process. She needed a reminder that we walk by faith more than we realize when we are stepping out and giving God complete control. It was a reminder for her to remember her truth and allow God to guard her heart, hence the lock. If you notice, none of the charms is the key! We tend to give away what we shouldn't just to have something, and that is in itself a cost that is often too much for us to afford.

Walking by faith is not always something that comes easy for everyone. It requires a trust where you cannot see and walk boldly and with such a freedom that it just baffles the mind. Your feet will be light years ahead of where your head is trying to reason and rationalize. I find myself surrendering my need (which is really a want) to be in control, and trust God. It takes some serious trust in what you cannot taste, see, smell or hear. It requires you to have such a strong belief in someone that you can't exactly experience with your natural senses; but yet has an impact on every aspect of your life. Here's where you weigh the cost against trusting and not trusting. Going your own way versus trying to go His way for your life. You have to ask yourself if you can afford the cost of not walking by faith. Selah.

Comments

Popular Posts